Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Energy Fastation

With living in a dorm there is no way to avoid using energy and lots of it. By simply living in the dorm I use enormous amounts of energy heating the building and the water. That is why for this fast I am going to be paying more attention to just the power that I am individually consuming.

Waking up in the morning I turn on my computer and printer which both run on electricity. Then going down to the IMA I take my IPOD which runs on lithuim batteries because there is no way I can workout without it. Then even using the workout machines take more energy to power.

Coming back to my room I flip on the light switch another electric device, then go to take a shower. The water in the shower is heated most likely by a fossil fuel because electric water heaters are not an efficient way to heat the water in a building as large as McCarty.

If I out backpacking in the forest with nothing more then what was on my back I could avoid using any sort of external energy source, but with my hightech life on campus I end up using a lot of energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home